Sunday 6 January, 2008

Home

The dramatic monologue has staged an altogether too dramatic comeback. It happened somewhere between Karnal and Panipat. I survived an entire week without it... didn't hear the faintest suggestion of a sound or have the mildest of inclinations to revive it.

Other things crowded it out. The television, music, movies, all India radio... cake (so much cake) and icecream (criminal portions of), baked beans, honey biscuits... kiwi fruit, keenu, apple, guava... Ma's soft snoring, DD's ranting-raving-whining, Dulari's oh so out of tune serenading, Khalifa's convulsive coughing, Papa's phonecalls... crazy dogs barking, scooties honking, uncles sat-sri-akal-ing, aunties relentlesslay staring, surdies balle-balle-ing...

Such a strangely bubble like existance. But now I am back. Back "home"...

Pooch once said I should keep blogging, lest the world think I was dead or something.

Well world, I am alive... and cribbing...

Watch this space.

No comments: