Friday 25 September, 2009

Kashmir

Pahalgam: View from "Betaab" Valley.
Pahalgam: Beetle most bashful

Sonamarg: Thajewas Sanctuary. They let people in.

Back waters of the Dal Lake

Dal Lake as viewed from Nishat: I'm such a tourist

Nishat Bagh: Didn't quite get what I was going for, but I still like this one.

Gulmarg: Painting in the cards room of Highlands Park. Was so tempted to steal it!

Nishat Bagh: Kids celebrate three days of Eid by taking a dip. Mum wonders why I'm taking pictures of young boys in swimming trunks.

Hotel Centaur: Spooky

Dal Lake: Shot from the garden of Hotel Centaur. I love this picture. Partly because its the only aspiring national geographic picture that I actually got right. But mostly because it marks the moment I learnt to adjuct the focus on my camera. Hee hee.

Baisaran: View from the bottom

En Route to Sonamarg: Sindhu river
Shalimar Bagh: Chinar leaves "frozen in time" (actually suspended in supremely mucky water)

Shalimar Bagh: Wooden ceiling panel.

Afarwat: Frozen cobweb. Mum says I have an eye for the disgusting.

Gulmarg: It posed, I couldn't resist

Gulmarg: "Kahwah" at Highlands Park. Mum and I decided to stick to chai in the future.
Dal Lake: On board the "Pakhtoon", flanked by "Helen of Troy" and "Queen Elizabeth"

6 comments:

nj... said...

it lets me comment *strange* since it doesn't allow me to actually follow the blog... hmm!

anyways, so this heralds the acquisition of yet another random talent to your long list, eh?!

i'll jot my favorite, it was the frozen web... tell aunty i share that eye for the disgusting stuff but its a beauty

my second favorite is the one where you learned how to focus.. so as i scrolled down the snap shots, which looked unflattering small on this blog space i decided to click on each and see it replete in its real grandeur :) such labor to appreciate your work! and i ended up reading each tag after actually checking out the still it was indicating. when I saw this one i thought, Ooh! i love the way she focused that one bit and all else turned hazy in the background... its the way they work in films right? focusing on pretty eyes and all else fades :P ... but bingo! there you had said it, you only just learned to focus! .. so yeh, my second fav there!

and a third, were the frozen in time chinaar leaves (for my GK, are chinaar leaves maple leaves? i thought they looked so like the ones i see scattered all over ann arbor!) the prettiest bit here (an di don't know if this was intentional or moment favored your shot) was that singularity of green floating in the near middle, among all its rust colored long dead and 'frozen' ancestors... it was a happy solidarity, i thought! :)

and so, there you go. enjoyed the shots, and hope you enjoyed the trip quite as much and more, ECC!

hugz,
ex-a**pl! :D

Anonymous said...

pai: its beautiful. i loved the butterfly on the flower and the chinar leaves.

Pretty much the same place i visited too. Brings back fond memories.

You didn't like Kahwah ?? I loved it. I brought kesar and badam and kahwah leaves back to singapre, but never made it here yet. I think if they reduced the sugar it tastes much better. some were too sweet to handle!


Glad you had a good holiday!!

Blah said...

Some of the pics are awesome... Brilliant stuff... You are undoubtedly multi-talented... Early morning so am short of words... U didn't call last night....

Kavity said...

Wow! Too good! I do remember you have a penchant for clicking nice pics which you never send us later on :D (read internship days :D)

Mrs. Phoenix said...

AMAZING PICS.... :)

Anil said...

great pictures indeed.. it is like a golden cage .. those who escaped it were killed or tortured and thos own it are murderers and thos gushing out live on blood... No wonder an apt description of heaven ,stolen by rakshas... A famous Kashmiri poet named MAJBOOR in 90s wrote


Chyerear hyu aazh chu basaan navbaharas ! 2
Muhit ghomut moh chukh azh zamanas !!!
aawaye maah KHur chu aamut gatjharas !!!

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

There is wicked silence in this spring
People have rubbed away affection here
thats why sanity has been lost