Monday 5 November, 2007

fester fester

Having given altogether too much of myself away, and disgusted with my own recklessness I have decided to henceforth be as cryptic and incomprehensible as is possible. At least till the end of this post.

So, reader(s) you may be tempted to think that you know what I’m saying, but you really don’t. I scarcely do myself.

****

Mona hangs, suspended to the wall by a tenuous thread at the precarious angle of 75. I’m usually unable to read her thoughts. Not that I think her smile is particularly mysterious or anything (in fact I think she looks like she’s just passed gas and is pretending to be oblivious). But today she is decidedly annoyed with me.

“…look at me. Albeit not by my thumbs, but strung up nonetheless. And look at you…we are a sorry pair aren’t we? The worst day ever was the one on which you learnt to laugh at yourself. And look where its gotten you. You have a compass and nowhere to go, a sun but no shine, a glass but nothing to pour, words but nothing to say, an entire desert and no camels. The stable is there but the camels ran away a long long time ago. You have dust and plenty of it. But what can one do with dust anyway? You have stirrers, but nothing to stir. Instead you stir…”

Mona my love, you couldn’t be more right. But I still fail to not see the humour in the situation. I can’t help but laugh at my own silly self. Today shall be a day for laughter.

To make amends, I shall proceed to busy myself with more concrete pursuits. Can’t you see? I’m already in the process of exorcising spirits, evil and otherwise. Shooing away mystical lizards and moronic pigeons.

Fret not, the peace is in the oven and in no time at all it shall be made. You must be patient with me…

****

Hint: If you convince yourself enough, everything sooner or later is bound to mean something. That notwithstanding, there is much fun to be had from such trickery…

No comments: