Thursday 13 December, 2007

also today

ok, the day wasn't as fantastically eventful as i'm making it out to be... but heck i had the time. after a really long time.

*

Joy… the old black pants fit again. Something in the last few months has reversed the dangerous fallouts of a summer of binging. Relief to my father’s wallet... a wardrobe full of un-wearable clothes would else have required replacement, an expensive proposition at the best of times. And whatever would I do if the marriage proposals (three at last count) started to dry up? Perish the thought…

*

Games people play:

Nothing like some good old-fashioned bitching to snap one back into reality. As it turns out “the other AB” is quite the nasty little prick. So what if he’s a genius… that cannot prevent me from holding an immature grudge against him for the rest of forever. I can’t believe I ever considered him “crush-worthy”.

*

In conversation:

An old friend and country cousin declared me to be “very Cadbury” and “limca-licious”. I’ll take that as a compliment. I’m informed it was one. I figure it’s the thought that counts.

I was pretty quick with the compliments myself. I offered to bottle KorahKorah and sell him for 1500 bucks a pop. We’ll corner the market on charming-soon-to-be-investment-banker-mallu men.

Then I met a real cousin. We promised to meet up soon. Prospects: dim.

There was also a fair bit of yell-ery and scream-ery and general hysteric-ery..

Somewhere in the middle of this I smiled a real live smile. It was “the most well thought out smile in the history of mankind”…

*

I love contextual shit. You can state the obvious and still sound really smart and abstract.

*

My ability to churn out fake smiles, make miles of inane polite conversation and put up a more than convincing façade of being terribly and breathlessly busy inspires a strange cocktail of disgust, fear and admiration in myself. I think I should take to HR management.

*

Coming attractions (I have a 4 day weekend ahead of me)

-Eavesdropping and such like recreational activity
-The subject of Sikkim and urinating men (the doscos from hell: mighty man, kunj b and singhi)
-Matchmaking and the all important question: charsi chalega?
-More on bombay
-Some more on bombay

*

The problem with long weekends: It's a bit like tasting blood really. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in and living in a stupendously vegetal state. But, how-ever will I get used to life when it lapses back into it's normal self...

bleh...

No comments: