Monday 22 October, 2007

mellon collie and infinite sadness...

(1)

C

You left without telling me. That was a horrible thing to do. There was so much left to be done. So much awkwardness left to survive: matchmaking and marriage speculation, parental squabbles, hours of glorious bitching, growing old, pretending to get along and perhaps even, by some miracle, getting along.

So much joy to be stolen from our sordid situation.

And you left while I wasn’t there… I wish you hadn’t. So that I could share what your going away has taught me, with you.

Rasna, Maggie, a cane basket hurled down the stairs post a sneaky underhanded tyre puncturing scam, Pinjore and Barog, our pop star ambitions, hide and seek and dark room, the shoes we were too sleepy to steal but still got paid for, my political incorrectness…your giggles, whispered conspiracies and a fervent wish to be “any place but here”.

I hope you are at peace. Don’t worry about us… we’ll huddle through somehow

(2)

Fucker, madam, pimp and whore* (a.k.a. ‘the flat club’)

I miss you all so much sometimes…
I hate 9 out of every 10 people I talk to. I go easy on the 10th person simply because so much hatred requires that much energy. And its all your fault you know.
I really regret having “forced” myself to get along. The rest of humanity is simply unbearable after two years of you.

I hope you are suitably pleased with the outcome. Smug little weasels.

And I still think I have a cute ass, so there.

Love,
Me

*it all started with Ponniiee calling me “fuckerrrrr!” and the only response I could muster up was “whore”. The other two were added to complete the brothel. Its funny how we are the last four people in the world one would associate with names like that… especially Jose…

eh…

(3)

Raquel,

I bet your shoulder is still wet from that fateful September day. Next time I’ll carry a hanky. God had better bless you. Else I’ll stop believing in him.

In blasphemy and otherwise,

Puri

(4)

For Liz on her 22nd birthday

I wish I could envelope you in happiness, if only for a split second. Roll you up in a ball of all the joy you’ve given us. If only I could blow away all your nagging fears and insecurities (unlike my valiant efforts with those resilient candles on all my birthday cakes)… Leap about ten years into the future when it will all be ok… When we’ll know for certain that all this worry was unnecessary.

Then we’ll look back and laugh at having resisted complaining about the big things and finally allow ourselves to complain recklessly about the little ones. I so look forward to those easy guiltless complaints, as I’m sure you do too.

(5)

Shru-j

Everyone has bad hair days, its nothing personal.
Coffee is a brilliant antidote to most hopeless situations.
And even though you betrayed the Sisterhood of Vindictive Man-haters, I won’t hold it against you.

(6)

For Pooch on just another day…

Perhaps you are the child you seem
Hell bent on being misunderstood
Or one whose unfathomable depths
Explore or unravel no one could

Celebrate the meandering monologues
Idiosyncrasies, yourses and mines
And drink a toast to that precocious imp
Who refused to paint within the lines

(7)

DD

If I don’t take you for granted… who will I?
You however, are not permitted to do the same.

I love you way more than I will ever allow myself to admit.

(8)

Varda turns 22

Vicious whispers, diatribes
Aimless gup, sarcastic jibes
Rapacious appetites for chat
Discussed, digressed, been there, done that
And there’s somehow always room for more…

V(name withheld on request)’s questionable charms
And P(spoils the rhyme scheme, but I could get into a lot of trouble)’s loving arms
Reckless advice for woes we’ve traded
Dark hours of loneliness evaded
Ah! And how the hearts did pour…

Victims of a system asinine
And self condemned to walk the line
Revolt, conform or just maybe
Dithering imbecilic baby
A battle of half wits, who kept score?

Here’s to helpless laughter, endless wails
And the mystic powers of lizards’ tails

No comments: